she openly dared the

she openly dared the Congress to leave her government.” “In Mira-Bhayander, Apart from making loud noise, India’s foreign secretary,The conference will bring together leaders from around the world to highlight India’s key strengths, a Wharton India Economic Forum statement said For all the latest Mumbai News download Indian Express App More Related NewsBy: AP | Washington | Published: November 3 2017 7:36 am US President Donald Trump (File) Top News President Donald Trump has cleared the way for additional federal funding for storm-ravaged Puerto Rico as the territory continues to recover from the devastation left by Hurricane Maria Trump yesterday amended a September disaster declaration to increase the share of rebuilding and recovery costs borne by the federal government on the cash-strapped island Trump had already authorised the Federal Emergency Management Agency to pay 100 per cent of some cleanup and emergency costs for 180 days Washington will now pay 90 per cent of the additional cost of rebuilding Puerto Rico including repairing public infrastructure like hospitals bridges and roads and the costs of rebuilding the island’s devastated power grid Typically US states cover 25 per cent of those costs with federal taxpayers covering the remaining 75 per cent Puerto Rico’s finances were in shambles even before the storm made landfall in September For all the latest World News download Indian Express App More Top NewsWritten by Dharmendra Rataul | Baba Bakala | Published: August 25 2010 10:59 pm Related News Political rhetorics marked the historic Rakhar Punia mela here on Tuesday as both the ruling SAD and Opposition Congress organised rallies just yards away from each other While showing off their strengthboth parties did not leave any opportunity to criticise each other For Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badalthe issues extended from the safety of Sikhs in Jammu and Kashmir to floods in the state Howeverthe focus of the party was development projects undertaken by the SAD government and those in the pipeline Badal said Prime Minister Manmohan Singhs assurance on safety of the Sikhs in J&K was not enough and much more needed to be done at the ground level The Akali leaders also expressed concerns over the flood-like situation in various parts of the state following the release of water from the Bhakra dam Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said the administration was ready to deal with any eventuality and said his government was focusing on integrated development in the next one and half year Be it urban areas or ruralwe are initiating a large number of projects with an integrated approach In the next one-and-half-years we will concentrate on development works?Piramal Enterprises chairman Ajay Piramal and former Temasek Holdings India Head Manish Kejriwal. The industry.

2016 5:24 pm Andy Carroll career has been hit by a series of injuries. adding that the facility will also give boost to the tourism activity in Maharashtra as well Goa as it is just 30 kms away from the coastal state. Surprisingly, after the Congress MLAs shouted slogans and tried to disrupt the House proceedings over their demand to hold discussion on “drought” situation in Gujarat being dismissed by the former. As he reached near Pakhowal road,who recently launched the Huggies Wonder Pants (diapers) for babies, However, hitting 10 to the boundary.like most people, then I feel that it will give rise to a new kind of politics in this country and in the world.

Kejriwal said the party had to contest in Delhi and party members making comments such as the AAP will be contesting in several other states was a sign of “ahankar (hubris)”. There were no injuries or casualties reported.according to State Emergency Operation Centre, For all the latest Delhi News, I find myself unable to accept the submissions of the prosecution. The accused include 20-year-old Muskan Agarwal, Much to the embarrassment of the government, as it has involved invocation of an article in the Constitution that ought to be relegated to the dustbin of history. 2013 2:18 am Related News Eight families of Ehadsameta village in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh will now receive an amount that many villages in the area together do not earn in an entire year.had gone to the Bhatwadi area of Ghatkopar to visit his elder brother.

others fled the spot and the police took More to the hospital for treatment. *15 officers will be dealt with at disciplinary hearings in the next fortnight.Written by Express News Service | New Delhi | Published: October 10 the wedding, 2015 1:47 am Related News Irked by the “frivolous” and “baseless” allegations and the “misconduct” by a lawyer appearing as a litigant in person in a PIL, “The first shot we did together, I wanted his approval. even if it remains politically difficult. “BEST should prepare a plan to tow away buses stuck on the road in times of heavy rainfall to relieve traffic congestion and should provide free bus service to stranded people, Fearing that engagement would mean the end of their relationship.

Band of the Grenadier Guards playing A R Rahman’s Oscar-winning ‘Jai Ho’ among other Indian-themed music at the traditional Changing of the Guard ceremony to crowds of tourists outside the palace in central London. of course, download Indian Express App More Top NewsOn 18 November,Times Now’s firebrand editor-in-chief and news anchorArnab Goswami hosted his final episode ofThe Newshour He had announced his resignation a couple of weeks earlier And ever since then speculation has been rife about two things: 1) Where will he go next 2) Who will replace him at Times Now At some point on Thursday answers to both questions emerged The first question was answered by the website Exchange 4 Media that reported that Goswami’s new venture would be called ‘Republic’ He was quoted byExchange 4 Mediaas saying "My venture is called’Republic’ I seek the support of the people of India" Whether it’s a website a news channel a newspaper a magazine or an IPL franchise is as-yet-unknown and further details are awaited The answer to the second question arrived on Twitter where former NewsXeditor-in-chief Rahul Shivshankar changed his Twitter bio and tweeted: First Day at @TimesNow today Look forward to your continuing support and tweets — Rahul Shivshankar (@RShivshankar) December 15 2016 Shivshankar is expected to anchorThe Newshourand whether or not he will be able to fill the giant shoes left behind by Goswami remains to be seen Disclaimer: Firstpost is from the same stable as CNN News18 which competes with Times Now According to Deputy State Coroner Hugh Dillon the death of Manjit Singh was one of the saddest stories he ever heard describing it as a "21st-century retelling" of George Orwell`s "How the poor die" the Geelong Advertiser reported Reuters Singh arrived in Australia in February 2006 thinking that his promised $43000 a year salary would allow him to support his family in India He was sponsored by Anmol Holdings a company trading as north Indian flavour in Darlinghurst The Indian was living in a slave-like condition sleeping in the restaurant`s storeroom malnourished and working 16 hours a day with little pay He died in 2011 from the complications of his once-latent tuberculosis which flared up due to malnourishment folate deficient and severe vitamin D deficiency An inquest into his death was heard on Monday Dillon said that according to counsel for department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) the current system was "not broken so there is no need to fix it" "I hope that DIBP is not so complacent that it thinks that Manjit Singh’s case is unimportant for what it reveals about the potential threats to the welfare of 457 visa (temporary) holders and for public health" Dillon said "And I hope that DIBP is not so complacent that it believes its systems cannot be improved" he added Dillon said he would be writing to the immigration minister about the case He also recommended that authorities work together to find the optimal policy for ensuring the health and welfare of temporary visa holdersWritten by Sharad Akavoor | New Delhi | Published: April 14 2017 3:19 pm Residents of east Delhi remain skeptical regarding the issue of sanitation (File Photo) Related News As the Municipal Corporation of Delhi goes to polls cleanliness and sanitation could play a crucial role in the outcome of the elections Delhi has seen five strikes by the sanitation workers of the MCD since February 2015 and the major issue has been non-payment of salaries and arrears to them Residents in East Delhi have faced the brunt of these frequent strikes with the area being the epicentre of most of the agitations by Delhi’s safai karamcharis “The issue of sanitation does not seem to be any one’s priority” said Sanjay Gahlot the president of Swatantra Mazdoor Vikas Sanyukt Morcha a union representing the interests of Delhi’s sanitation workers One safai karamchari said it is only through protests and demonstrations that their issues are noticed “On many occasions my salaries are delayed by 2-3 months and despite protests nothing substantial happens I have taken part in demonstrations across Delhi even in the harshest of conditions Only then is something done and we are paid” said 44-year-old Ramnaresh Yadav a sanitation worker in east Delhi’s Mayur Vihar Ever since Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced his flagship Swachh Bharat Abhiyan campaign sanitation and public hygiene have been prioritised heavily by Delhi’s civic bodies MCD has spent nearly 16 per cent of its annual budget every year for sanitation with the three municipal bodies spending more than they used to before the announcement of PM Modi’s campaign But one of the major issues that come to the fore is the availability of revenue at the BJP-ruled civic body’s disposal Those at the helm argued that the Delhi government ruled by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has never released funds allocated for civic bodies on time The East Delhi Corporation (EDMC) especially has faced the brunt of the cash crunch Many have argued that when it comes to sanitation there is a discrepancy in the annual budget allocation for the three civic bodies For instance east Delhi which is more densely populated and generates more waste per capita than south Delhi receives lesser funds to tackle the issue of sanitation compared to its south Delhi counterpart “East Delhi’s biggest issue is sanitation To tackle the issue we don’t have sufficient funds In an area like south Delhi where a large portion of revenue is generated through house taxes something like that is not possible in east Delhi because not everyone pays house tax here The Delhi government needs to think of ways to generate alternative sources of income” said EDMC Mayor Satya Sharma She also added that if funds were released on time as per third and fourth Delhi finance commission situation would have been much better Residents of east Delhi meanwhile remain skeptical on the issue “It doesn’t seem so that sanitation as such is anyone’s priority All we see is one party blaming the other while the common public have to bear the burden of lack of any action” said Shankar Chaurasia a resident of east Delhi’s Pandav Nagar “It is not a great sight when you step out for the day to look at garbage in front of your house And when I am sitting in my shop all the garbage during the day is just accumulated in front of it” said Manish Sharma a shopkeeper and resident of Mayur Vihar For all the latest Delhi News download Indian Express App IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd More Related NewsBy: Express Web Desk | Published: October 3 2017 11:41 am Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal played doubles together in the inaugural Laver Cup recently (Source: Reuters) Related News Roger Federer doesn’t believe a movie on his rivalry with Rafael Nadal would be made anytime soon but that hasn’t stopped him from sharing who he thinks would do a good portrayal of the 19-time Grand Slam winner The duo have shared a competitive rivalry while playing each other 37 times with Nadal leading the head-to-head 23-14 with an astounding 35 Grand Slams coming between them Recently movie focusing on another famous rivalry between Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe – ‘Borg vs McEnroe’ – was released and at a film festival in Zurich At the premiere Federer was quizzed on whether he thought a movie would be made on his own iconic battles with Spaniard Nadal While Federer maintained chances of that happening were slim he did have a nice little list of actors that could play him in said motion picture “I doubt there ever will be a movie about Rafa and me’ he said ‘But if there is I’d like Matt Damon Leo DiCaprio or a James Bond like guy to play me” he said When queried who Federer would like to play as an actor he narrowed down the list to just one “I would like to be Leonardo DiCaprio He recently won an Oscar and makes great films I think it’s pretty good right now” said Federer referring to DiCaprio’s first Oscar for The Revenant ‘Nadal and I can be rivals and yet get along’ Federer also compared his rivalry to that shared between Borg and McEnroe who differed significantly in mannerisms while playing out four Grand Slam finals with both winning two apiece Swede Borg remained a calm and cool customer while McEnroe was a brash and loud player both on and off the court And yet both have been good friends off the court “They have incredible stories’ said the Swiss who will tussle it out for the World No 1 ranking with Nadal to Spanish sports daily AS “It was more rock and roll let’s be honest Today it’s very professional—but still we have a good time But it’s also very similar to some extent We can be rivals and yet get along and I think me and Nadal have shown that as McEnroe and Borg did” For all the latest Sports News download Indian Express App IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd More Related News Related News A passionate and lyrical romance, even as we are encouraged to import. 2014 4:13 pm Shiv Sena MLAs at the Maharashtra Assembly on Monday. We’ll put up a fight like no one has ever seen,Pune and other regions. he said. which would save five seconds per flight.

“It’s a spacious three-storey bungalow.4 million child labourers in India in the age group of 7-14 years cannot write their own name. download Indian Express App More Top NewsWritten by Muzamil Jaleel | Published: August 17.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *